General Estate Planning and Consulting
Have you ever wondered:
- What would happen to your assets if you died? Who would care for your children?
- If you could no longer make decisions for yourself, who would make decisions for you, and what decisions would be made?
If your answer is “yes”, you’re not alone. Statistics show that 7 out of 10 people cannot answer these questions confidently. At TGQ Law, our aim is to provide you and your family with simple planning that will ensure security for the difficult times in life. This is accomplished through efficient estate consulting, and relevant estate planning.
A properly-drafted will or trust ensures that the assets that you have worked hard to acquire pass according to your wishes. Among the many benefits of creating your plan, you will be able to accomplish the following:
- Leave assets to your chosen beneficiaries (children, other relatives, churches or charities) without the use of probate court.
- Properly account for inheritances received by you.
- Leave clear instructions thus negating the need for state laws to govern.
- Appoint your chosen fiduciary (family member, friend, etc.) instead of relying on the government to choose.
- Ensure that your (minor) children will be cared for by the person you choose.
- Properly consider and avoid estate tax issues with larger and wealthier estates.
Understanding your interest in avoiding the costly probate process and avoiding tax liability, we inform you of the many options that exist in estate planning, and prepare the plan that best fits your situation. With significant training and experience in the areas of probate and estate planning, we want you to feel confident about the choices you make, and the attorney with whom you are working.